Tacoma Community College Department of Marketing and Communications records
Scope and Contents
The collection contains records of the Department of Information and Publications (Marketing). Includes department files, news releases, press clippings, photographs, posters, as well as audio, video and film recordings.
- Small, Dan (Daniel) (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
No access restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Use is governed by TCC's Creative Commons Copyright policy requiring attribution and share-alike intentions.
The Information and Publications Department is now called the Marketing and Communications Department. Like the department name, job titles for the head of this department have changed over the years. Many of the public information officers had journalism degrees and previous newspaper work experience. The following is a chronology of the staff serving in the role of department head or public information officer:
- 1965-1970(?): Dale Wirsing
- 1970-1973: Dennis Hale
- 1973-1975: Barbara Sauers
- 1975-1978: Eve Dumavich
- 1978-2012: Dan Small
- 2012-?: Shawn Jennison
- ?-present: Tamyra Howser
20 Linear Feet (49 boxes)
Language of Materials
Collected by Dan Small, these materials are from his lengthy time in the Information and Publications (now Marketing and Communications) department.
Arranged according to format, then chronologically. Original arrangement unknown.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Originally compiled by Dan Small, these were stored by him until they were donated to the Archives in 2012 when Dan retired. Donated to the Archives in 2012 as part of the initial collection of school documents.
Digital accruals anticipated.
Two folders of press clippings removed from Departmental Files series and integrated with TCC Historical Files Collection. One folder of biographical sketches removed from Departmental Files series and integrated with Biographical Files Collection; biographical files, originally part of Information and Publications departmental files, were at some point before transfer to the Archive removed and integrated with TCC Foundation donor records. As a result, Archivist decided to maintain the separation once those files were transferred.
Processed in detail by Elizabeth Russell with oversight and feedback from Dan Small.
- four folders of "sample publications"
- College publicity
- Institutional advertising
- Tacoma Community College Faculty Strike, 1973
- Tacoma Community College. Department of Marketing and Communications
- Tacoma Community College. Office of Information and Publications
- printed ephemera
- sound recordings
- video recordings (physical artifacts)
- Guide to the Tacoma Community College Department of Marketing and Communications Records
- Under Revision
- Tacoma Community College Archives
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard, 2nd Edition
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
- Edition statement
- Finding aid prepared by Odette Allen (2/2018); revised by Mark Offtermatt (8/2019), A. Demeter (8/2023).